Vertical Sea (hereinafter “we”, “our”, “us”), with registered office at 20 Rue Troyon, 92310 Sèvres, France, publishes the website https://www.vertical-sea.com/, hereinafter the “Site” and is responsible for any processing of personal data performed via the Site.
- Personal Data Collected – Purpose of Data Processing – Legal Grounds
You will find below a list of the personal data we collect from you, together with the purpose and legal grounds for the processing of such data.
We consider any risks linked to the personal data we process based on our legitimate interests are neither overly excessive nor too intrusive. We have put measures in place to protect your rights by setting suitable data retention periods and through the implementation of appropriate security checks.
- Recipients of Your Personal Data
We share our personal data with the following services:
- Our HR department.
At no point in time do we sell your personal data to third parties.
We may, however, have to share your personal data with the following third parties:
Sub-contractors we use for the purposes mentioned below to perform IT services (hosting, storage, maintenance, development, cookie management).
We have selected our service providers with the utmost care and taken steps to ensure that your personal data are adequately protected. All our service providers are bound by written contract to process personal data communicated to them only for the purpose of providing us with a specific service and to ensure that appropriate security measures are kept in place to protect your personal data.
- International Transfer of Personal Data
Your personal data will never be transferred outside of the European Economic Area.
We do not retain personal data for longer than the period strictly necessary for the defined purposes as stated in this Policy and in compliance with applicable regulations pertaining to the protection of personal data.
In this respect, we delete personal data collected by us after a pre-defined period of time:
- data relating to your request: starting from collection, data is retained for the period necessary for your request to be processed and automatically deleted 2 years after the date of your request.
- data relating to an application for employment: starting from collection, data is retained for the period necessary for your application to be processed.
- should your application not be successful, we will automatically delete your file 2 years after the most recent contact we made with you.
- should you be hired, the internal confidentiality policy as it applies to employees, apprentices and interns, shall apply.
- cookies: we delete cookies after 13 months except if you renew your consent to their use at the end of such period.
- Security of Your Personal Data
We have adopted physical, electronic and administrative security measures including the use of extensive firewalls and passwords which enable us to secure access to personal data. In addition, we restrict access to personal data to employees who need to know the information in order to run, develop and improve the services of the Sites.
A cookie is a text file saved on the device you are using to access the Internet (PC, laptop, mobile phone, tablet, etc.) when you visit a site via your web browser.
Cookies allow us to collect your connection data (e.g. IP address, type and version of your internet browser, operating system, information about your visits and the use of our Site, etc.).
- Technical Cookies: These cookies are required to enable users to browse our Site. With them, the Site would not function properly. These cookies allow our Site to adapt to the display preferences selected on your device (chosen language, screen definition), and to save passwords and other information relating to forms filled in on the Site (for registering and connecting to your account). These cookies do not require your consent to be obtained.
- Analytical Cookies: These cookies allow us to establish statistics, including the visitor/user volumes of the different elements which make up the Site (sections and content visited, browsing paths, browsing times). Our Site uses Google Analytics cookies.
As indicated above, consent is deemed valid for 13 months starting on the date cookies are first saved. When that period expires, we will ask you to renew your consent to the use of analytical cookies.
Your Cookie Management: Allow or Block
You can, at any time, choose to block cookies via the settings of your browser. You can allow or block cookies on a case-by-case basis or choose to block cookies once and for all.
Each browser has its own settings which are slightly different to the others. These will be described in your browser’s help menu, which will tell you how to change your settings to achieve the cookie management settings you desire.
» Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/cookies-informations-sites-enregistrent
- Click on the menu button and select “Options”.
- Select the “Privacy” tab.
- In the “Retention Settings” menu, select “Use personal settings for history”.
- Unselect the checkbox “Accept cookies”.
- All the changes you have made will be saved automatically.
» Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/windows?os=windows-7
- Click on the Tools button, then click on “Internet Options”.
- Click on the tab “Privacy”, then under “Settings”, move the slider towards the top to block all cookies or towards the bottom to authorise all cookies, then click “OK”.
» Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=fr
- Select the Chrome menu icon.
- Select “Settings”.
- At the bottom of the page, select “Show Advanced Settings”.
- In the section “Privacy”, select “Content Settings”.
- Select “Block All Sites from Storing Data”.
- Select “OK”.
» Safari: https://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/fr-ww/cookies/
- Click on “Settings” > “Safari” > “Privacy” > “Cookies and website data”.
- Next, select “Block all cookies”.
» For Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/fr/cookies.html
- How to Download a Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on
If you do not wish information to be transmitted to Google Analytics, you can download and install an add-on by going to the following link https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=fr. The add-on is compatible with Chrome, Internet Explorer 11, Safari, Firefox and Opera.
- Your Rights
As a data subject, you have various rights. Those rights are not absolute and each right is subject to certain conditions in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 and to applicable national laws.
- The right to rectification – you can request that we take steps to correct your personal data if such data are inaccurate or incomplete (if, for example, we do not have the correct name or address for you).
- The right to erasure – also known as the “right to be forgotten”, this right allows you, in simple terms, to request the deletion or removal of your personal data when, for example, there is not a compelling reason for us to continue using them or their use is illegal. This is not, however, a general right to erasure and there are some exceptions, for example when we must use information as defence in legal proceedings or to be in a position to comply with legal obligations.
- The right to restrict processing – you have the right to “block” or prevent the subsequent use of your personal data when we are assessing a request for rectification or as an alternative to erasure. When processing is restricted, we can still retain your personal data, but we can no longer use them.
- The right to data portability – you have the right to obtain and reuse certain personal data for your own needs across different companies (which are distinct controllers in terms of data-processing). This only applies to personal data with which you have provided us, which we process with your consent and for the purposes of the performance of the agreement, which are processed by automated means. In that case, we will provide you with a copy of your data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or (when that is not technically possible) we can transmit your data directly to another controller.
- The right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing, for reasons linked to your personal circumstances, at any time, as long as the processing is being carried out for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by Vertical Sea. We will be authorised to continue to process the personal data if we can demonstrate that there are compelling and legitimate reasons to justify processing which prevail over your interests, your rights and your freedoms or if we so require for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. If you object to your personal data being processed for the purposes of direct marketing, we will no longer process your personal data for such purposes.
- The right to withdraw your consent – when we process your personal data on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Such withdrawal does not, however, affect the legality of any processing which took place prior to the withdrawal.
- The right to provide us with instructions as to the use of your personal data after your death – you have the right to provide us with instructions for the management (for example, retention, erasure or disclosure) of your data after your death. You may modify or cancel your instructions at any time.
- Changes to Our Policy
- How to Contact Us
Before reviewing your request, we may ask you for further information for identification purposes. Should you not provide the requested information and as a result we are not able to confirm your identity, we may refuse to comply with your request.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint or you believe that your personal data are being processed in a manner which does not comply with data protection laws, you can lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority in matters of data protection. The CNIL (National Commission for Information Technology and Civil Liberties) is the authority set up in France for the protection of data.
Updated on 30/11/2021